Friday, November 3, 2017

Get Ready to be Inspired! Shutterbugs 2017 and Beyond!

Hey there! My name is Linda. I am the newest member of the Photography without Borders board and mother of shutterbugs Leanise,Xavier,and my 2 year old Dominic. I am a product of the School District of Philadelphia. As a high school student in Edison/Fariera high school, I spoke up and fought for the rights of myself and fellow students as part of Youth United for Change. I continued years later as a youth organizer at this same organization for a couple years. I am a strong advocate of the empowerment of all youth not only my own, to have the education, support, programs,and most importantly a VOICE throughout their pursuit for a high quality education that can lead to career opportunities and a bright future ahead of them! 




I am excited to be working alongside Tony and the Stetson Shutterbugs! I will be helping the Shutterbugs with this awesome blog with the goal of allowing them to express themselves through their photographs and being able to share them here along with their experiences, goals, and stories behind each incredible photo. Shutterbugs will be publishing blogs next week. They will also be taking photos with pinhole cameras they made out of large tin cans! We want them to be able to share their work with you all here and soon via social media as well. My post serves as a quick introduction of myself and my excitement of the future that lies ahead for our Shutterbugs and Photography without Borders! Stay tuned for blogs and more news from our Shutterbugs very soon!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, hello! Looking forward to hearing from you and the students, and seeing their work online. We are big fans of the Stetson Shutterbugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support! The Shutterbugs are excited for what's to come! it's going to be another amazing year!

      Delete